Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The middle-age spread has arrived!

There was a time span in my life when the winter months did not have an effect on mid section.  Beginning last year, things have changed.  I generally like the structure of the academic year: the schedule, the routine eating habits, etc.  However, the past two years have brought excessive "eating opportunities" to my life which cause me to overindulge at times.  The result has been a ten-pound fluctuation in my weight between the winter and summer months. 

I can't blame the overeating on the holidays, but if you think about it, there are a lot of "eating opportunities" during these monthd: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, Easter, Mother's Day, my daughters' birthdays, my birthday, Razorback football...it goes on and on.

These opportunities coupled with the cold, snowy weather and my inability to run outside contribute to a growing tummy.  It was harder to lose last year.  I dread trying to run it off this spring.  The "dreadmill" does not adequately prepare me for spring training.

Anyway, I will be glad when Day Light Savings arrives and I can hit pavement once again.  I need it.  My clothes need a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment