Monday, July 1, 2013

The Lazy, Dog Days of Summer

I have never felt so lazy.  I haven't blogged in over two weeks because, well I was busy at first, and then I wasn't busy and I got lazy.  This is honestly the first summer since childhood that I can remember that I am not working or enrolled somewhere as a student.  The past three summers were hell as I worked on my Ph.D.  Last summer, in particular, was bad for a number of reasons, but primarily because I was writing my dissertation.  (I was only recently able to drop the ugly adjective that had historically preceded the D word.)

I told you guys that I set goals for myself this summer.  I don't remember exactly what they were, so if anyone remembers, please comment so I will be reminded.

I should be cleaning out a closet of something.  Instead, I am sitting on the deck with my MacBook Pro (new bestie) and researching information for my next big trip (Italy, France, and Spain) in a few weeks.

See, here I am on the deck.

I am, in effect, already there.  I have been to the end of the World Wide Web researching every facet of our trip, so when we actually get there, there won't be anything new to see.

I am also experimenting with the Big Green Egg. Pork butts were on sale at Kroger yesterday, so I thought I would try to cook one.  It looks like they are supposed to cook for a week or so (or so it seems), so I will be sitting out here for sometime.  

In the meantime, Maddie has the cavies out here and they apparently love willow leaves.  They are having a good time running around the deck, while she yells at them for their behavior.  It's amusing.

Don't expect any work out of me until August 1st.  I'm on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment