Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break can't get here soon enough...

Everyone in the house is sick or recovering from some illness.  Madilyn and Don have both been fighting chest colds and Skyler and I aren't feeling too hot either.  It could be spring fever. 

Spring Break is just around the corner and I am trying to get everyone well before we leave on a seven night cruise to the Western Caribbean.  As you know, Skyler graduates from high school in May so she got to pick our destination.  My parents and niece, Lexi, will be joining us.

I am looking forward to having some time off work, but dreading the trip at the same time.  We are driving to New Orleans a day before we depart and will be trapped in the vehicle with the two big girls and Maddie for 10 hours.  I am sure to be as crazy as a loon by the time we get there.

We bought Maddie a new music CD for the trip and a scribble dibble thing.  We are taking the DVD player and several videos for the big girls.  Don has a book on CD and I have a couple of magazines and NYT bestseller packed.  Those items should keep us entertained until we reach the city limits of Hot Springs. 

I have to take Maddie to the doctor for a final checkup before we leave and then I am taking myself for a pedicure.  I plan to spend the rest of the day tomorrow doing laundry and packing.

Spring Break can't get her soon enough....

No comments:

Post a Comment