Friday, May 28, 2010

Out-of-Pocket

I've been out of pocket for the last week or so.  Where? No where really, just trying to tie up some loose ends at work before my last contractual today (which is today....can I get a woo hoo?)!

Tomorrow begins a busy summer. I am going to teach a two week workshop on digital film making to a group of sixth graders who will be documenting a summer school thematic program on China.  I am also conducting several iPad workshops for Arkansas teachers.  Can't wait for either of these!

I am also contemplating taking 2-3 classes toward my Ph.D. this summer.  Classes start next Tuesday and I can't get my advisor to call me back though.  I consider this a sign that I should take the summer off!  The id, ego, and super-ego are at war daily on this topic (and MANY others).

As I mentioned earlier, I am switching the girls' rooms.  I've been painting and shampooing carpets, shopping for bedding and accessories, and generally having a blast doing this.  I wish I was rich enough to do the ENTIRE house.  Don says no cause we aren't rich.  He is such a party-pooper sometimes!

On a sadder note, one of my students lost her little boy last Saturday.  She has been on my mind all week.  I don't know how people who lose their children go on.  It is devastating.  I am so thankful for my kids.  They drive me nuts but they are blessings and the joy of my life.  I am so blessed with SO much!  I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment