Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Feeding the Fury!

I have been working out a lot lately - even more so than usual.  I turn "old" this year and I really want to slide into the big one looking good in a bikini.  Vanity, vanity, vanity - damn you!  Hey, it might be the last summer that I can pull it off, so I'm shooting for it.

I have changed my workout routine.  This is my schedule:
  • I'm still doing Pump on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays...followed by 15 minutes of intense cardio.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm doing 45 minutes on the eliptical, 15 minutes on the bike, and a 15-minute Pump ab video.  On Saturdays and Sundays, I am just doing cardio and basically trying to run outside for an hour, when this crazy Arkansas weather cooperates.
  • Now, I've added 20 minutes of walking during the day four days per week with a colleague - fun and easy, and a good opportunity to get out of the office since neither of us ever leaves for lunch.
  • I've also added the Combat series.  Yep, this one is killing me.  I am not coordinated enough for these fast-paced routines, but I am determined to get there.  I feel like giving up EVERY NIGHT and I have to MAKE MYSELF get off the couch and do them.  They are grueling, but I was not getting the results I wanted, so I have to keep pushing myself.
The point of this blog is really this: All of this working out is making me hungry.  I mean hungry like a man.  I want large servings of food.  I wake up hungry and I go to bed hungry.  And I want sweet stuff too, not just food-food, but something big and sweet.  I have "invented" a couple of recipes that incorporate two of my favorite treats, chocolate and peanut butter.  The recipes are below.  They are satisfying - don't expect delicious - crap! I'm on a diet!  But they do the trick when one is desperate. Let me know what you think if you try them.

Less-Than-A-Carb Cookies


2 eggs beaten
10 T PB2 peanut butter chocolate - available at Kroger
5 T unsweetened cocoa
1.5 cups Splenda
4 T Premier Protein shake (choc) - available at Sam's Club

Combine. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes.
   
PB2 Protein Shakes
 
1/2 cup of Premier Protein shake (vanilla or chocolate)
1/2 cup Fage Fat Free Greek Yogurt - available at Wal-Mart or Kroger
1/2 cup ice
2 T PB2
2 T Splenda
2 T Oat bran
 
Put everything in your Bullet or blender and pulse until completely smooth.  Any of the ingredients can be adjusted in quantity to suit your taste.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment