Monday, April 8, 2013

It's About Time...

It's about time.  Time to start spring running.  In Arkansas, running outside during winter is not always possible.  It rains a lot here (we live in a subtropical climate zone, believe it or not), and the winter can be just nasty.  That's my number one excuse for taking a running hiatus each winter.  Excuse number two is a good one. My doctor said I needed to cut back or risk stopping all together.  My knees and hips have seen better days.  I am an old mommy, after all.

I usually start running again during the week we are out of school for Spring Break, so around mid-March.  This year, we were out of town so I didn't get to start.  I also got sick with the flu and then norovirus.  Additionally, the weather is unpredictable here and has not cooperated.  I planned to start this week, but Hubby is out of town and I can't very well leave the baby at home unattended.  Excuses!  Excuses!

I am going to start running later this week.  I have a new stun gun that I am dying to try out on a very mean German shepherd.  Mace no longer deters him, but I think the stun gun might do the trick.  I will be the hero of the running community!  This week...I WILL find a way to run this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment