Thursday, April 11, 2013

Protein Product Recommendations Needed!



I am so worried.  For many years, I have been eating Premier Protein bars and drinking their shakes and I absolutely love them.  They have 30 grams of protein and are low sugar, low in calories, and low in carbs.  Even more importantly, they are yummy!  Well, in Arkansas, you can only buy them in one place, Sam's Club.  This is fine because I am usually in Sam's at least once a week.  However, during the past few months, I have not always been able to find them because they've been out-of-stock.  There can only be two reasons for this: (1) they are popular, or (2) Sam's is not keeping enough of them in stock or re-ordering on a regular schedule.


They do fly off the shelves - I've watched it happen...but I think that the department manager is just not re-ordering.  I had a little talk with him two weeks ago after making three trips to Sam's and finding an empty spot where my bars should have been.  He assured me that they had been ordered.  I finally found them back in stock last week, but he had only ordered two cases (10 boxes each).  I bought two of them (they are around $16 for 14 bars).  Maddie said, "Mommy, why don't you just buy them all?"  Well, I thought about it, but I didn't want to be stingy. 

If they continue to be so scarce, I am going to have to find a replacement or order them online.  The latter is not really an option because shipping is too expensive.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a high protein shake and/or bar?  This is important.  We're talking about the basic components of my breakfasts and lunches here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment