Monday, May 13, 2013

Counting Calories...How Dreadful!

I hate counting calories!  But I have come to the conclusion that I probably need to start.  I stepped on the scales this morning and I had gained another couple of pounds.  Ugh!  I really don't understand this because I do eat right.  I eat large quantifies, but they are usually of healthy foods.  I guess that no matter what you eat, at the end of the day, it all adds up.

My Current BMI

This week, I decided to start counting calories.  I won't do this permanently, but I need to gauge just how many I am consuming on average.  Last Friday, I figured out my body mass index (BMI) and then what my daily caloric intake should be if I want to lose one pound a week.  You can check yours at WebMD.

I have a healthy BMI, but you can always be healthier and I could stand to shed a few inches around my tummy and thighs.  If you take a look at the graphic above, you will see that there are actually tabs across the top and one reads, "Your Calories."  If you complete the profile - it is FREE - then it will figure your BMI and tell you how many calories you should consume to lose weight.  It looks like I am going to be eating 1700 calories a day.  So far today, I've had 300, so I'm getting off to a good start :)

Have you checked your BMI lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment