Thursday, April 22, 2010

Guilty, as charged...

I know I am beginning to sound like a broken record, but I feel overworked and pretty stressed out right now.  I have a Type-A personality, so I am always fretting about something, but this time of year (end of the semester) always gets me worked up.  I am finding it difficult to be funny, and I like being funny.

I've had all kinds of stuff going on at work this week.  We've been so busy that today was the first day that I actually got to take a lunch break (it, too, was stressful).  I had a meeting last night and didn't get home until after 8:00 p.m. and I have another one tonight.  Geez.  My poor kids.  The teenager is still in mourning (broken heart) and needs me to comfort her.  The little one just needs me to play with her.  I feel guilty.

To make matters worse, the baby has a field trip to the zoo tomorrow, but no one can accompany her so she has to stay behind at school.  I have a meeting and a class tomorrow (can't miss that - finals are around the corner!), so I'm stuck here at the office.  Maddie's stuck in the baby nursery at school.  Poor Maddie.

It's hard being a working mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment